ADAC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Screel hill run

Go down

Screel hill run Empty Screel hill run

Post  Guest Sun Apr 17, 2011 7:27 am

Myself Jim, Nigel, Ranjit, Adam, and Jean made it to Screel hill run this afternoon; it was a great afternoon for it, perfect weather. I hit the top with the leading pack still in my sight, not that I had any chance of catching them, Very Happy then it went a bit wrong, Embarassed I missed the turn were you double back on yourself, I was running the same race there we did 2 years ago. Ok at the start we were told that the route had changed, but you know how it is when you reach the top of a hill when you are pushing on, you are too knacked to think straight. Once I realised that I was all on my own and half way down the hill I back tracked up and found the race route again. In front I could see Nigel and Ranjit, which hurt as I had managed to leave Ranjit behind on the climb. Still it was down hill now and time for 11/10ths, I pushed hard and managed to pick up a few places, but push too hard I fell just behind Nigel Embarassed and he never even stopped to help me back up Sad Oh well that’s why they call it fell running. Once on my feet I blitz on gaining more places, I could see Ranjit ahead but as hard as I tried I couldn’t catch him by the finish.

At the end I was talking to Jim and here too had gone the wrong way which made me feel less stupid. Great run I enjoyed it, my mate Graham came 1st in the vet’s over 40 class. I think Adam came second.

Well done everybody that was there cheers

ATB

Kev

Back to top Go down