ADAC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

IMPORTANT REGARDING WINTER LEAGUE

Go down

IMPORTANT REGARDING WINTER LEAGUE Empty IMPORTANT REGARDING WINTER LEAGUE

Post  Guest Sat Sep 10, 2011 1:50 am

Hi all
I know the road season is not yet over but we do need to get the winter league fixture list in place
as dates and venues need to be set
Could you all have a think at what you want to keep in and get rid of and bring your ideas to me next Saturday at Langholm or if not going let me know before then and we can have a meeting after the run to discuss - I know my decision is final but your input is important no good setting venues if no one is going to go.

My idea at the minute is to set hill runs at weekends and keep the short road runs to a Tuesday night as they make good training nights and we could do the same as the road running season and make them the team points I know it is unfortunate if you can not make Tuesdays but it seems to be the night that suits the majority of us.

The other thing that was discussed last year was an indoor circuit night Nicola was going to look into the possibility of hiring the St Columbas hall in Annan would there be enough interest to look into hiring that one night a week .
Please let me know your thoughts
Ta
Cazza
Very Happy

Back to top Go down

IMPORTANT REGARDING WINTER LEAGUE Empty 'Trio Village Run'

Post  Guest Sat Sep 10, 2011 6:51 am

Here's a Gretna 3 mile run for folks to consider for winter League: http://connect.garmin.com/player/109338315 It's about 3.3 miles in total. Started across the road from Sunday market on Victory Avenue (so cars can be parked in car park there), then follows road to Gretna green, then through Springfield, down the hill, under railway bridge, round the Welcome to Scotland 'cairn' and back the same way. So it goes through 3 villages and 2 countries, ...kinda.

Back to top Go down

IMPORTANT REGARDING WINTER LEAGUE Empty Re: IMPORTANT REGARDING WINTER LEAGUE

Post  Guest Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:36 am

My thoughts are

Yes

Yes

and

Yes

in that order.

I'm easily pleased aren't I ?

Twisted Evil

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Sep 10, 2011 8:21 am

I defo like the idea of the Gretna run Ernie ' the trio village run' Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Sep 19, 2011 5:49 am

Since we didn't do the Brydekirk road route this summer is there space to fit it into the Winter League - it's not a classic winter route but it does have a proper hill and is a nice Sunday morning circuit if the weather is nice.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Sep 19, 2011 6:08 am

As already mentioned at Langholm, I and Louise are happy to do the “Wamphray Glen” run, as those that have already run it know, this is a 5 mile route about ½ road and ½ off road with a nice fast down hill road finish to the line. We can meet and park cars at our place, after wards we will do a bit to eat and tea/coffee etc.

We can do a recc’y run before hand for anybody that has not ran the route before and I will put out signs to keep everybody right on the day.

ATB

Kev

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Sep 22, 2011 5:29 am

Andy
yes I think we could slot it in as a team run its a popular one

and Kev and Louise that would be great - a Sat or Sunday ? and what month be best

Moffat run will be 1st event on November 6th and Langholm 5 hills last weekend in March so let me know and I will slot it in between
Ta
Caza
Any further ideas let me know asap as am working out dates now

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum