ADAC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Marathon/Half Marathon points

Go down

Marathon/Half Marathon points Empty Marathon/Half Marathon points

Post  Guest Wed Sep 28, 2011 5:52 am

In light of the points that are to be added for the above topic can we please have some clarity from the beginning of next season. In my opinion 5 points seems a bit much and feel it would be more prudent to award 2 points. Running in excess of 8 races is only worth 2 points so to give 5 for a race which potentially has no other ADAC runners seems a bit much.The races are decided well in advance of the season and all runners are aware of the qualifying criteria. Does running a marathon give you additional points?. I struggle to make all the races as defined by the schedule due to shift work and have had to sacrifice days off to race. If races outwith our championship count then I could do the odd 10k or 10 mile elsewhere.

Not wanting to make an issue but was the rule inserted at the start of the season or laterally.

My first post for a while so don't want to appear negative as the season was enjoyable and well contested.

Thoughts please

Mark

Back to top Go down

Marathon/Half Marathon points Empty Re: Marathon/Half Marathon points

Post  Guest Wed Sep 28, 2011 6:48 am

Hi Mark
i agree with you about the points for doing a half outwith the champs - as it has worked out the only person to do one is Louise Hopper
and as she has already done or will have done 8 races the points for her half will only count as 2 as it is an extra.
When the fixture list is compiled for next year we can decide as a group whether to allow extra races in or not the thing is it would become a bit of a nightmare for me working out results and as it is an ADAC champs it might be fairer just to revert back to champ races only. I know the fixture list does not suit everyone but we need to try and go with the majority the only other thing we could do is add more races say 20 races and stick to the format best 8 and extra points up to 12races but then you get races where only a few people compete and the points become a bit unfair . We have a while before we have to decide a format for next year but would be good to hear what others think.
Ta
caza
PS Forgot to say Mark the rule was made at the start of the season as a suggestion at a meeting which was held after the last winter league event.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:57 am

I have another suggestion which might solve the problem.

In addition to the ADAC schedule all members would be allowed to have ONE other race of their own choice and distance throughout the season.

It could be graded for the AGE GRADED championships only.

The points could be given in the same way as the team points are based on percentages.

ie 75% plus gets 12pts etc

That way everyone can run one race either on holiday or wherever they wish in addition to the events and still score points. If , for instance someone did a very good 10km somewhere then this could be added to their overall score. With only ONE race to count the best score will be taken so if someone did 4 or 5 extra races only the best score would be added to their points tally.

What d'ya think?

PS Events abroad count DOUBLE Cool

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Sep 28, 2011 6:16 pm

Certainley no double points for abroad Mr Voodoo Mad
The problem with getting 12 points for doing an extra race no one else does kinda defeats the object Very Happy
Ta
Caza

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Sep 29, 2011 2:28 am

I think to cut out any confusion it should be club races only.
Then it is simply an ADAC competition.
Perhaps omit the rule where you have to participate in 8 events to be in the running for a prize.
If you can amass enough points over say 7 runs then you deserve to win whatever competition it may be.
I know it is difficult sometimes with work commitments, but at least then it is a level playing field.
Andrew K

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Sep 29, 2011 2:50 am

I think the rule was that a half mara AND either one of the 10mile runs or the Moffat run had to be done to qualify for the champs - as I recall this was to encourage/ensure that people did the longer runs rather than just do the speedy shorter ones to get an overall championship. This is fair enough but as Andrew says if someone can be in contention for a champs after only doing half of the runs then you deserve what you get. Therefore if the fixture list provides a good spread of distances then it shouldn't matter too much?

I'm not sure about the optional 'outside' run idea as they would only be appropriate for events where the course was either flat or downhill nett and wouldn't really encourage you to try something a bit different like a run in the Lake District or a full marathon.

Last edited by Aitken&Tait'sDad on Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:54 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : mm)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Sep 29, 2011 4:10 am

The rule says that it is the best 8 results to count but it is not compulsary if you could accumulate enough points over 7 events then you would still win. The 2 points for competing up to 12 events was put in so as to make it more open i.e. someone who is not as fast but does a lot of the races gets the benefit and someone like Jose who would probably win nearly every race would have to work harder to gain his points . I like Andrew think it should be ADAC selected runs only i.e. the fixture list picked by us all at the beginning of the season . I give you all plenty of warning as to what events you have and we have the get together towards the end of the winter league to set the list . . . that is your time to speak out as I remember I only had a couple of suggestions which were taken on board so the moral is for next year when I ask for your opinions SPEAK UP THEN !
I do think it is hard to get something that will suit or please everyone but if you want a chance of winning then its up to you . We do have 3 championships which I feel gives everyone a fair chance . Please remember though at the end of the day winning is not everything focus on your Pb's and most of all enjoy your running because take it from me when you cannot run for whatever reason it is not a nice situation to be in Sad
Caza

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Sep 29, 2011 5:59 am

Ok my second suggestion of the day...........

A pb league
A new hair doo league
A bad hair day league
A new top league
A new car league

and a league where you can gain points for just cracking bad jokes.

Gordy ????

Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:59 am

Aye aye and aye Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Sep 30, 2011 6:04 am

While we race against each other our biggest competitor is the clock and ourselves IMO, to reflect this I would like to see extra points added for PBs, 2, 3, 4, 5 Exclamation Exclamation , points? I think this would encourage new people that have not been running long to achieve their best. While I appreciate that we old timers might not see a PB again we have the age grade competition for us. All times for a PB would have to be from either club records or the event organisers results and to save Cazza looking back it would be up to the individual to claim their PB points.

What do you think?

ATB

Kev

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Sep 30, 2011 7:23 am

Kev that would be an awful lot of work and a bit unfair as it is easier as beginner to get a Pb than someone who has been running for a while.
Can I ask a question Is everyone not happy with the way the champs is being run now ?
Ta
Caza

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Sep 30, 2011 7:27 am

I'm happy!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy pirat Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

See! bounce

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Sep 30, 2011 7:36 am

Cazza we all love you.

x

Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:54 pm

Happy doesn't even come close to how I feel about the current set up.
But if you could change it so I can win a prize of some sort - fair enough affraid
Andrew K

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Oct 01, 2011 2:24 am

I am very happy with the way it is done. It is very fair and I think Caroline does a brilliant job. she is the one who collates all the info and has come along to all these races when she has been injured and given up her time for all of us. We were all asked at the start of the season what races and how we wanted it done and we all agreed to this. After all it is about being able to run and enjoy it. Pity I didn't feel like that on Sunday but never mind!!!!! I will be steering clear of dextrose in the future! cat cat

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Oct 01, 2011 2:44 am

It's all good, please keep doing what you do so well.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Oct 01, 2011 3:11 am

Ok folks ta for the comments Embarassed
the forum is here for us to voice our opinions so it is good to hear how folk feel good and bad Very Happy
Ta
Caza

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Oct 01, 2011 5:31 am

Cazza please accept my sincere apologies if my post came across that I was in any way unhappy with the way the championship is run because this is certainly not the case, I am H. A. P. P. Y happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy , and I appreciate everything you do for us, you are a star. cheers cheers

I was just suggesting some tweaks to encourage newbies, but I wouldn’t want any of the old hands disadvantaged.

Thanks for everything again.

Kev

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Oct 01, 2011 6:25 am

Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed
You all making me feel bad now nobody needs to apologise honestly I just wondered whether folk were unhappy with the format
of the championships because of some of the comments that were made. I know you all appreciate what I do and I enjoy bossing you all and keeping you all in order Very Happy
Its your championships and you all deserve the right to have it run the way you want Smile

Caza

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Oct 08, 2011 7:39 am

Given that it was me that instigated the post may I just say that I am happy with the current set up and the way Caroline 'polices' it. It is a fantastic set up and I really enjoy being part of the club, without it I would not go out half as much. Thoroughly enjoyed the season up until Moffat and then the wheels came off.

P.S Carolines 'Women in Sport' column in the local rag inspired me to run in the wind and rain yesterday. Thanks.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum