ADAC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

More success for ADAC today.

Go down

More success for ADAC today. Empty More success for ADAC today.

Post  Guest Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:40 am

7 of us made the trip over to the other side of Newton Stewart to the Merrick Hill race, I, Rory, Martin, Nigel, Rodger, John and Jean.

To be honest it was a tough race, the underfoot conditions were difficult, very rocky, wet and muddy in parts, the first leg is a hard climb which of cause means a difficult descent to the finish line. While the weather was good on the start line quite mild and warm, but on the tops it was driving rain, wind and mist which was bad enough for some of us to put our jackets on.

I don’t know the full results yet but Rory finished 8th I was 10th, Nigel was in next for ADAC and seemed have a good run, which was nice seeing that his work has kept him away from running for a while, the positions were good enough to give ADAC first in the team event. The upshot was we all won some beer.cheers cheers cheers cheers

Martin was returning to running from his recent injury and working in Houston, the weather could have not been more different today from the 100 degrees he had while away. It was good to see Rodger back on the hill again.

Rory had a close battle with John Goldsworthy with John just getting away on the final descent, the full implications of this didn’t come apparent until later. The result was that John came first in the Dumfries and Galloway Fell running League and Rory came second in the 50 Vet’ class well done Rory.

Unfortunately Jean didn’t think the race course was long enough and added a bit on, (it is normally me and Rory that do that) but she finish safely and I kept a piece of my birthday cake for her which she said was better than the prize of a bottle of wine she won.

One downside was at the finish the midges were epic quite possibly the worst I have seen this year.

Well done to everybody that did the run and braved the midges it was a tough one.

ATB

Kev

Last edited by Bold runner on Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:48 pm; edited 6 times in total

Back to top Go down

More success for ADAC today. Empty Re: More success for ADAC today.

Post  Guest Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:34 pm

Well done guys.

Great reading.

Once bitten forever................

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:26 am

Well done team - we bask in your reflected glory of course!!!! cheers cheers cheers

And did I hear Birthday Cake mentioned?? drunken king

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:11 pm

Aitken&Tait'sDad wrote:Well done team - we bask in your reflected glory of course!!!! cheers cheers cheers

And did I hear Birthday Cake mentioned?? drunken king

No need to bask in reflected glory Andy, come and join us you get free beer.Wink Cool

Yes there was birthday cake, some people will go to the length of having yet another birthday affraid to improve their age grade percentage. Forget EPO the new way of getting ahead is to have a false birth certificate.Twisted Evil

ATB

Kev

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down