ADAC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mountain marathon

Go down

Mountain marathon Empty Mountain marathon

Post  Guest Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:47 am

Good luck to the crazeeee gang on mountain marathon duty this weekend

Nigel, Kev, Oliver n partner have a good one.

Hope it all goes well and hope the weather conditions improve affraid affraid

See y'all at Moffat Embarassed Embarassed

Back to top Go down

Mountain marathon Empty Re: Mountain marathon

Post  Guest Tue Jul 03, 2012 4:01 am

Thank you for your words of encouragement Andrew, have to say I am a little excited and apprehensive, hope I don’t let Nigel down, this is much further than I have run before and then having to get it up and do it all again a second day will be tough. What a Face

I hope I don’t bottle it and give in, notwithstanding serious injury, mentally I am trying to prepare myself for some tough parts were you just have to cram the Jelly Babies in and get though it until you feel OK again. I think I am lucky to have Nigel as a partner for this as he has a great personality and I am sure he will get me though any tough bits. cheers

If anybody should wish to join us there are a couple of teams looking for partners as the one they had has got injured or they are looking to sell their entry for both team members.

ATB

Kev

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:49 am

Good luck Kev , Nigel and Oliver.................and anyone else I've missed !

Do you have details of this event - people could come see how real men and woman run.

Post them on here if you have Kev it would be good to get some support.

Cheers and good luck.

José

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:48 am

It's the same from me , Goodluck everyone and come back in one piece.

Gordy.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jul 03, 2012 6:34 pm

Hi Jose

Here is link to the event.
http://www.slmm.org.uk/

I don’t know about real men and women running this, there is a class for walkers only, they must wear hiking boots and are not allowed to run so I would say that anybody from the club would be able to enter with a bit of training so long as you picked the right class for your ability. The runners in the top class of cause will be the Elite of the country’s ultra-distant runners the opposite end of the spectrum to the walkers.

ATB

Kev

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:39 am

Good luck to everyone . Nigel is such a legend he will get you through it Kev cheers

Big Al & Caza Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jul 07, 2012 2:42 am

Good luck to you all. Hope you enjoy it and the weather is good for you. Come back safely especially Nigel from the top cat team. cat cat

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:06 am

We’ll all packed and ready to go, it will be an early get up at 4:30am so early to bed tonight, I have just checked the Mountain weather forecast and it is looking good, even sunny on Saturday, so it might be OK.

I have had one last repack of the rucksack, I am sure I could cut down a bit of food and an extra layer of clothing so it weighed even less but it will stay as it is, me and Nigel will have one last kit check before we start in the morning.

Caza as I am going to wear my ADAC hat for the event can I have some extra points for me and my team? Laughing

Thanks for all the good wishes.

ATB

Kev

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jul 08, 2012 6:59 am

Legendary idea Kev - have a great weekend you two!

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jul 09, 2012 6:17 am

Just a quick update, me and Nigel managed 55th in our class, total entry was 135 teams, but only 100 odd made it to the start line, the first day was a long one with us finishing in 7:46 minutes leaving us 63rd, we had a better second day despite us struggling a little to find check point 7 in some low cloud and came in at 4:53 minutes for the second day.

The high light of many high lights and laughs me and Nigel had over the weekend was running into Joss Naylor above Greendale Tarn, there he was running along with his two collies in has bent forward style, we stopped and had a chat with him and I am sure he would have chatted all day if we had of stayed.

Oliver and his team mate Andy set off at a blistering pace on day one and were right up there with the leaders, unfortunately just after check point 6 Andy was hit with serve cramps in his legs and were forced to retire from the event. About 25% of our class failed to complete both days, many be the hot weather on day one took its toll.

A real big thank you to Nigel for taking me cheers , I really enjoyed it and had a great time, between us I am sure we left a small mark on the event with our jokes and chatting to the other competitors, I am sorry about the singing and the boulder jokes mate. Embarassed Embarassed

One downside is I twisted my ankle desending though some steep rocks to Check point 7, I am looking 50/50 for Tuesday sorry Erine. Sad

ATB

Kev

Last edited by Bold runner on Mon Jul 09, 2012 6:48 am; edited 3 times in total

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jul 09, 2012 6:32 am

Well done guys.

10pts to each team represented I reckon.

Plus another ten for cats.

Cool

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:00 am

Well done all, and meeting Joss Naylor out running, well, definitely a highlight. No worries for Tuesday Kev, enjoy your well deserved rest and come back stronger.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:26 am

Glad to hear all came back safe and sound from the mountain marathon well done to you cheers

Big Al and I have just settled down in camp here at Killin for tonight and I have managed to sneak online for 5 mins - only 2 more days of hols left Sad
Big Al desperate to get back to get grass cut Rolling Eyes He has been well lubricated with more than the odd bottle of red wine so thats sure to slow the Legend down Evil or Very Mad
As a top cat member I have managed to do a couple of runs up the hills at Fort William just to keep the old legs ticking over- what a place to run it always gives me the inspiration to get out there and plod a few miles !

Hope everyone has a good run at Moffat tomorrow evening Very Happy

See you all soon
Caza & Big Al

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:40 am

Well done to the mountain marathon marvels

Well deserved rest in order guys

Next challenge being plotted yet? affraid monkey

Maybe see you at Moffat Embarassed Embarassed

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jul 10, 2012 7:22 am

andrew wrote:

Next challenge being plotted yet? affraid monkey

Yep enjoyed it that much I have already booked for the RAB Mountain marathon in October. cheers

See you all tomorrow.

Kev

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:59 pm

Who is RAB ?

ok.......................sorry Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:21 am

You can read all about mine and Nigel’s Mountain Marathon adventure on the main ADAC site thanks to Jim.

Enjoy.

Kev

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:53 pm

Good read Kev sounds like you had fun Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down