ADAC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dumfries 10km...............in the sun !

Go down

Dumfries  10km...............in the sun ! Empty Dumfries 10km...............in the sun !

Post  Guest Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:12 am

After 3 years of long negotiations I have secured a deal to have sunshine rather than monsoon conditions of the previous several years.

This was a tough deal and talks went right down to the wire.

Let the fun commence !

See you there.

Bring the shades Cool

Back to top Go down

Dumfries  10km...............in the sun ! Empty Re: Dumfries 10km...............in the sun !

Post  Guest Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:57 am

Well done Jose, I think about 3 years ago it just coul'nt rain any harder ,The drains coul'nt take the water so when the local boy racer's came past the runner's heading back into Dumfries they deliblertly drove into the sea of water at side of road and sent a wall of water over them drenching them even more , It was so funny. even the runner's were laughing Laughing Laughing

So it will make a change running with no rain tonight. Well you have promised us no rain tonight Jose.

Gordy.

Back to top Go down

Dumfries  10km...............in the sun ! Empty Re: Dumfries 10km...............in the sun !

Post  Guest Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:18 am

The medal haul was very impressive tonight at the Dumfries 10km and there were some notable performances.

MEDALS
Well done to............
Kev 2nd Vet O45
José 3rd Vet O45
Rory 1st Vet O50
Janet 2nd Vet Lady O50
Jim 1st Vet O65 (Giving TEN years away to other athletes in his category !)
George 2nd Vet O65

FAB!

There were a lot of PB's as well. Gordy is waiting on confirmation of his SUB 40 (fingers crossed) and KEV is FLYING ! Susan did her debut 10km at Dumfries aided and leg massaged all the way round (only kiddin') by Sheila. Well done !
Chris and Ernie had a right old ding dong battle just going down to the wire and sprint finish in which the young gun came through. Richard had a faster run than last year with a negative split (that's what he said - must have been painful ) lol but it just means a faster 2nd half so good pace judgement Richard. Andy R is churning out sub 40's like they were yesterday's news and that was his target to do ONE this year pft !
I managed my fastest 10km of the year from hell and am quite happy with that. More results to come and when they do just be proud that you're an ADAC kid !

So many positives tonight.

ADAC is going places !

GET IN !

Last edited by José on Fri Sep 07, 2012 6:09 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:11 am

So proud of you all guys and Gals cheers

Sorry could'nt be there to cheer you on but was thinking of you all Very Happy

Caza

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:20 am

Rounds of applause to the ADAC posse

Showing the Dumfries crew we may be a wee club but can churn oot the results

Just watchn Andy Murray hope he can get some ADAC inspiration, could be a late night lol!

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Sep 06, 2012 5:27 pm

Andrew ............I think Andy Murray must have checked this form during the second set.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:09 am

Well done everyone who ran last night there were some great times posted. for me personally i don't know wether to laugh or cry , probably the latter at the minute ,after crossing the line i clocked 39:58 on my watch but was waiting for official conformation, then my time came as 40 minutes dead. althought i posted a pb taking 32 secs of my time i feel gutted that i did'nt make the 10k sub 40min club , i feel down at the moment but i will bust a gut & keep trying as it has been a personal goal to reach in my running venture's.

Well done to all prize winner's last night.

Gordy.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Sep 07, 2012 6:10 am

Gordy...............it will happen.

Faith !

32 sec pb ! Fabulous !

Next time just a one second pb does the trick and you know you can do it !

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:17 am

A great night for ADAC, out of 14 runners we got 6 prizes, a fantastic percentage of runners to prizes.

We all know that in reality Gordon ran sub 40, he started back from the start line, if it had been a “chipped” race he would have been at least 3 or more seconds under 40, he is a sub 40 guy in my eyes end of story.

Looking back two years I think only Jose was the runner capable of running sub 40 10k, yesterday we had 5 runners crack it. As a club we just keep pushing the bar higher as a group. Janet is doing really well, I can’t believe how little time she has been running and is finding herself in the prizes. I didn’t know whether to run or not after doing The Ben on Saturday, but Jim mentioned that he did the run after he did the Ben so I thought I would give it a crack. I ran the first 5k well but faded a bit in the second but still fast enough to get a PB, very happy with that.

Go ADAC go. cheers cheers cheers

Kev

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down