ADAC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BLACK ESK

Go down

BLACK ESK  Empty BLACK ESK

Post  Guest Sun Dec 02, 2012 3:09 am

Hi all
Ok here it is I have a sincere apology to make - Joe asked me if he could run the Black esk Run outwith the race as he was unable to make the time of the run I told him the rule was we must be on the road at the same time . He said that for him to do that it would be dark and if it was could he do it on the Friday if he sent me his Garmin link . On the spur of the moment I am afraid I agreed - Big Mistake affraid - I did not think about the difference in conditions or that he would run as fast on his own as what he did Rolling Eyes Embarassed
When I got home I checked his link to his Garmin and can confirm that he did run the route faster than Kev or Andy and as the Winter league champs will be a close call I have made a massive mistake . I can only apologise to Kev and Andy and after thinking long and hard - I wont sleep tonight now Sad - I have come up with a proposal which I think would be fair -

If anyone wishes to pop back to the Black Esk and run the route before next Sunday December 9th when perhaps the conditions could be better and you can provide me with proof vie a garmin link ( I have a garmin you could borrow if need be ) if you have a better time then I will accept that time. Those today that could not make it can also go and run it and if you give me a time - again proof would be needed vie a garmin or similar link I will acccept that.

I am so sorry that this has happened and I really can only apologise to all those concerned in future the rule of being on the course at the same time as other runners will be the only acceptable rule .

You can post your comments here and feel free to be honest . In fact I think I should resign or be sacked - I can take the critisism honestly silent

Caza

PS I will hold off posting results to Jim until next Sunday but will put provisional times on another page

Back to top Go down

BLACK ESK  Empty Re: BLACK ESK

Post  Guest Sun Dec 02, 2012 4:50 am

Fair enough - as far as I am concerned if it was all agreed beforehand then that is fine (might have been better to have known though) - well done to Joe for a good time.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Dec 02, 2012 4:54 am

Fair point Andy Embarassed

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:10 am

As said Cazza made the call in good faith so the points are Joe’s, but we were all expecting to see him on the day and when he didn’t turn up we were a little concerned if anything had happened to him.

Good effort everybody that braved the snow and ice on the roads to get there.

Well done on a good time Joe.

ATB

Tahr

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:34 am

Hi ,

I am now living in southern California as I feel I cannot return to ADAC because of the controversy this has caused.

I have , however , asked for Caroline's permission to run the Kirkcudbright Half Marathon in May , June and July in 4.5 mile stages. I trust this is ok with everyone ?

Seriously folks..........sorry if this has caused uproar.
I didn't intend it to SNOW ............................much.

The thing I am very happy about is my performance which I was quite amazed at. I was hoping that it would compete with those who are bang in form despite being on my own for the run which I didn't mind.

The thing I am unhappy about is the fact that you guys didn't know I wouldn't be there.

To all those who missed me..............were confused.........mislead........worried.........happy......unhappy......because I wasn't there today I say..................................Sorry.

I don't mind having/not having the points it's up to the jury.

I will be doing press conference via satellite on Tuesday.

I will also be starting my book..............."Footprints in the Snow" next month which will be available on Amazon.com from May.

José x

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:05 pm

This calls for a group run on Tuesday - to make up the only way ADAC knows how, by getting stuck in with the banter Laughing Laughing Laughing .

Weather permitting how about back to Annan for a run around the town - might be a bit slippy mind, head torches and take to the Everholm???? scratch Question scratch

Back to top Go down

BLACK ESK  Empty Black Esk

Post  Guest Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:01 pm

I would just like to say that it was an enjoyable run and the banter as always was good. It should be further stated that Cazza does an amazing job and copes admirably with everything that is thrown at her. I struggle to get myself there on time without organising everyone else. I certainly couldn't bake as well.
There are many races I cannot make due to shifts so I whole heartedly agree with everyone having to run on the same day/date/time. I just accept the fact that I cannot make every race and at the start of the respective leagues I just need to hope I can meet the qualifying criteria.
Roll on the next one........if I can make it Very Happy
PS If Kev, Joe and Andy could be forced to eat the cakes/biscuits/sweets at the start it may help the rest of us!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down