ADAC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Training............Lockerbie Tuesday 12th Feb

Go down

Training............Lockerbie Tuesday 12th Feb Empty Training............Lockerbie Tuesday 12th Feb

Post  Guest Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:44 am

Training is organised for Lockerbie this Tuesday and involves some fun reps and relays around some of the quiet roads in town.

This is a must for everyone. Reps are the building blocks for faster performances in races.
You will be running with others of your own ability and there will be some surprises during the evening's fun.

Cool

Meet at the usual place - Ponsse car park for 6-45pm
José

Back to top Go down

Training............Lockerbie Tuesday 12th Feb Empty Re: Training............Lockerbie Tuesday 12th Feb

Post  Guest Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:22 am

If I am well enough I will be there, I have just picked up another bl##dy cold, I can’t believe it, that 3 this year!!!!!!

ATB

Kev

Back to top Go down

Training............Lockerbie Tuesday 12th Feb Empty Re: Training............Lockerbie Tuesday 12th Feb

Post  Guest Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:06 am

Thats a sign of being fit Kev it actually lowers your immune system when you are really fit Smile

Hence I have only had 1 this winter !

Ta

Caza

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:46 am

I'll be there Joe - but Sue says I've to be home at a decent time as I've got a birthday cake to bake and work to go to on Wednesday!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:27 am

cazalegg wrote:Thats a sign of being fit Kev it actually lowers your immune system when you are really fit Smile

Hence I have only had 1 this winter !

Ta

Caza

HI Cazza, not so sure about you not being fit, but I have given the colds some thought, most conventional advice is once you are doing over 11-14 hours training a week you start to suppress your immune system, however there are some cravats to that. Immediately just after a hard run your system is depressed for a few hours. The other thing is the stress the rest of your life puts on you. I think I am over living rather than over training. Work has been very demanding of late. Not helped by it taking me up to 4 hours to get to work in the bad weather then 2 hours to get home and my boss wanting me to do a 12 hours shifts!!!! Ringing me at home saying can you get in to work in a 1 hour we have a major incident, he doesn’t laugh when I say only if you can send a helicopter:lol:.

We had 4 Technical Managers and Reliability Engineers in my office before Christmas but until last week I was on my own due the others being moved to other tasks and being off on long term sick. I now have a new bloke just started, but he needs training up of cause, so he is not too much help at the minute more of a handicap. It wouldn’t be too bad but my boss is first class plonker. He is going on about why are the trains not getting fixed properly by the staff, well I am sure that it doesn’t take a genius to work that out.

To top it all tonight he was going on how running was bad for you and it smashes your joins up.Rolling Eyes

Any way I feel better for that rant, when then 6 numbers come up he is going to be sorry.Twisted Evil

ATB

Kev

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:14 am

Well done boys and girls.

Hard work from everyone.

I really like this wee course - you can run hard and it is usually very quiet on these roads.

Rest up guys !

Cheers

José Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:16 am

Thanks for tonight Joe a good session and nice to see so many out including new faces Cool

ATB

Kev

PS no ranting tonight Embarassed

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down