ADAC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Early July - the quiet before the storm?

Go down

Early July - the quiet before the storm? Empty Early July - the quiet before the storm?

Post  Guest Fri Jul 09, 2010 6:30 am

It's been very quiet on here for the last wee while - how is everyone doing, are we all raring to go at Moffat next Tuesday?

I think my calf strain is fixed but I'm pretty concerned about hauling my post holiday body up the beeftub, I should carry some momentum on the way back down though! Having a ball in Scarborough with kids and out-laws, plenty of hill rep potential but lack of motivation!

Caroline - how is your calf, has the holiday helped?
Joe - how has the warm weather training gone - I bet you visited the voodoo shop to stock up on supplies!
Gordon - are you gonna run Moffat on crutches?
Mark & Elaine - how was Barra 1/2 mara?

Any more update also welcomed.
See you on Tuesday!

ATB

Back to top Go down

Early July - the quiet before the storm? Empty Re: Early July - the quiet before the storm?

Post  Guest Sat Jul 10, 2010 5:39 am

Hi there Andy
Good to hear you having a good holiday
Me too been up and doon loads o' hills at Braemar could have ran there forever class off road running routes gave me loads of
motivation ! Short runs but hard work so touch wood calf seems ok fingers crossed . Left Braemar reluctantly this morning.

Staying at Grantown on Spey tonight-if dry in morning might have a wee stroll along one of the many routes here .

Perth tomorrow and Sunday and also might do a trot around race course if fee inspired !

Home Monday and will decide on Tuesday whether to pop up to Moffat to run race.

Hope everyone else doing alright and working hard.

See you all soon
Ta
Caza

Back to top Go down

Early July - the quiet before the storm? Empty Re: Early July - the quiet before the storm?

Post  Guest Sat Jul 10, 2010 6:23 am

Have added some photos from my run at Braemar onto the ADAC in view site - the views were spectacular
the deer were captured on film whilst I had stopped for a breather I hope you enjoy viewing the pics - beats a week on a hot sticky beach !

Ta
Caza

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jul 10, 2010 7:13 am

Aitken&Tait'sDad wrote:It's been very quiet on here for the last wee while - how is everyone doing, are we all raring to go at Moffat next Tuesday?

I think my calf strain is fixed

Any more update also welcomed.
See you on Tuesday!

ATB

Hi Andy good to hear you and Caz are on the mend, cheers my hamstring has been giving me the usual grief, I ran the Moffat Gala course on sunday 3 weekends ago and ended up limping back into the town my hamstring was killing me, pale I made a appointment with the phyiso the next day, she did some good work with it, and banned me from any hard running for 3 weeks, just gentle jogging. I have an appointment with the phyiso in the morning so I should make the start line, whether I make the finish line is another thing and I wouldn’t have any chance of doing any PB, I will settle for getting round at the minute.

The only fly in the ointment is work, we have a lot of staff on holiday and will be really busy next week; I am preparing myself for a big bust up with my boss on Monday over it. Evil or Very Mad

ATB

Kev

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jul 10, 2010 7:39 am

cazalegg wrote:The views were spectacular, the deer were captured on film whilst I had stopped for a breather I hope you enjoy viewing the pics - beats a week on a hot sticky beach !

Great photos Caza, though it must have been quite a long breather to get those deer! lol!

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:33 pm

Hello all, Some quite staggering photo's Caroline, I can see you taking up the hill running now, hope your enjoying your hols.

Hope your hols are going well Andy, as for running the tour de Moffat on crutches i think is taking it a bit too far cos i was actually gonna be getting carried round on a strecher, does that still count? lol! I'm in two minds at the moment as to run or not so will just wait untill on the night. Not being able to get out running is driving me CRAZY .

Should see you all tomorrow night one way or another.

Keep on runnin .

Gordy.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down