ADAC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hill run training on Saturday 6th August newbies most welcome.

Go down

Hill run training on Saturday 6th August newbies most welcome. Empty Hill run training on Saturday 6th August newbies most welcome.

Post  Guest Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:46 pm

Ok guys and gals

I plan on a bit of hill run training on Saturday, anybody of any ability that wants to join me is more than welcome, my plan is this.

Meet at Station car park at 16:00, which should give everybody time to get your shopping done in the morning. Wink

The route I plan is running to the top of Heart fell, and back from the Green Community Hall, for the newbies or those after a steady run I guess that will be fine, to the top and back is 7 miles although you could of cause turn earlier if you wanted to. Next for those of us who are after a big run we will run to the top again, possibly along burn to the spring cave, then a big technical climb out. Again anybody who wants to just do half the second leg is welcome.

For those you have not been up there before it is easy under foot conditions with a well marked quad track to follow for the second 2/3 of the climb/descent.

My number is 07889095818.

Look forwards to seeing some of you.

Kev

Back to top Go down

Hill run training on Saturday 6th August newbies most welcome. Empty Re: Hill run training on Saturday 6th August newbies most welcome.

Post  Guest Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:07 am

Thanks to those that turn up this afternoon despite the weather, Crying or Very sad it wasn’t too bad, well better than forecast. Question

I found the second leg hard, pale Oh well no pain no gain. Twisted Evil I am sure if anybody watched me on some of the second leg ascents they would have thought that I was standing still, but it was not so, I was running although it was very very slow running. Laughing

Hope to see most of you Tuesday.

ATB

Kev

Back to top Go down