ADAC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BLACKESK TOUGHMAN RUN IMPORTANT NOTE

Go down

BLACKESK TOUGHMAN RUN IMPORTANT NOTE Empty BLACKESK TOUGHMAN RUN IMPORTANT NOTE

Post  Guest Thu Mar 27, 2014 6:01 am

Hi all , I get the general feeling that people would like a rest after the Winter runs and they feel that The Toughman 10 mile run at The Black Esk this Sunday 30th March is way too soon to start the road Season. It could be rescheduled for later in the Season and Hightae 6 mile on the 10th April could be the start of the season instead. I am aware a lot of people- especially newcomers - have not been doing long miles and to jump up to 10 mile is only going to be a recipe for injury. If we are only going to have half a dozen or so competitors I feel that we should postpone it . Please post your views asap so I can make a final decision.

Cheers

Caza

Back to top Go down

BLACKESK TOUGHMAN RUN IMPORTANT NOTE Empty Re: BLACKESK TOUGHMAN RUN IMPORTANT NOTE

Post  Guest Thu Mar 27, 2014 6:59 am

A Decision has been made to postpone the tough man 10 mile run on Sunday it will be rescheduled at a later date . However Joe is willing to do a recce run on Sunday if anyone wishes he will meet you at 10.45am Sandyford .
Cheers
Caza

Back to top Go down

BLACKESK TOUGHMAN RUN IMPORTANT NOTE Empty Re: BLACKESK TOUGHMAN RUN IMPORTANT NOTE

Post  Guest Thu Mar 27, 2014 7:05 am

Yea I am very happy to postpone it. Think we need a rest! Plus I would have to get out of bed even earlier due to clocks changing and it's mothers day!!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Apr 03, 2014 6:18 am

Trying to find a new date for the Black Esk appears to be causing problems

the following is an extract from the Facebook page conversation
Alan Cameron
The 1st of June might work for Black Esk.?
Kirkubright half marathon 8 days before but if an easy training week for those that are doing it they might be ok. Just a thought.

Caroline Legg I thought of 4th May thats enough time for folk to build up for it and as its 3 weeks before Kircudbright it should be okay it would replace the Doctors run but that is easier to replace as it could be done on a Tuesday night.
The Gretna 5 mile run is on Tuesday 3d June and is a good fast course that was put in because of its PB Factor so a 10mile run 2 days before would not work.

Caroline Legg I could slot the Docs run in on Tuesday June 10th and move Newbie to later in the year or do away with it altogether

Gordon Vivers How about sat 5th July after Lockerbie 10 giving a nice prep before moffat gala run on the 8th ? Tough races i know .

Caroline Legg Only problem with that is it means 2 races from the same category in the space of a week so if someone is on holiday it only leaves them 1 race in that category which i think is a bit unfair.

Joe Boardman May 17th...............5 days after the holywood and a week before Kbt half marathon.

Caroline Legg May 18th is the Langholm trail half - in the ADAC fell running champs

Kevin Plummer If you look at the road/hill and team races the only date I can see where you get a rest between other races is 28/9/14.

Caroline Legg The only other solution then is to replace the Annan 10mile with the black esk and that means you have to do either the black esk or Moffat 15k or do away with one of the shorter races . You can let me know what you want . I would like it finalised before the hightae run though.

Alan Cameron Might be better just for one of you to decide as loads of different opinions. From what I'm hearing it seems to be quite a popular run with most people ! From my point of view I wouldn't want to lose the Annan 10 mile either but I appreciate it's difficult to fit in. Loads of dates suggested so not easy. Easter weekend is free but might not work for everyone ,

Can you please let me know what you want to do before Next Thursday.
Ta
Caza

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Apr 03, 2014 6:46 am

Its gonna be hard to fit in. I agree about doing it before kirkcudbright half. Another idea that joe mentioned at hightae recce was a night time run of black esk? cat 

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down