ADAC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE SUMMER ROAD RUNNING FIXTURES 2011

Go down

THE SUMMER ROAD RUNNING FIXTURES 2011 Empty THE SUMMER ROAD RUNNING FIXTURES 2011

Post  Guest Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:49 am

From the list below choose 16 races by placing a tick. Some have already been agreed and are underlined and some dates have yet to be finalised. The schedule is very busy so please have a think and decide on which events would be best for us as a club.

Thursday April 21st Hightae 10km
April Black Esk tough man10m
April Kinnel Water 5k
Sunday May 8th Doctor’s Run 7.5m
Tuesday May 10th Hollywood 5m
Sunday May 15th Drumlanrigg 5k &10k
Saturday May 28th Kirkcudbright Half Marathon
Wed June 1st Carlisle Tri 10km
Sunday June 12th Mabie Forest Trail Race
Tuesday June 22nd Lockerbie 10km ?
Tuesday 13th July Moffat 15km
Tuesday July 26th Castle Douglas 5m
Sunday 4th September Auldgirth Trail Race 10km
Wednesday 7th September Dumfries 10km
Sunday 18th September Langholm Potholm run 5m ?
Sunday 25th September Dumfries Half Marathon
Tuesday 2nd October Lockerbie Roundabout 4.5m
October Cumbrian Half Marathon
Brydekirk Road Run 7m

Back to top Go down

THE SUMMER ROAD RUNNING FIXTURES 2011 Empty Re: THE SUMMER ROAD RUNNING FIXTURES 2011

Post  Guest Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:49 am

In addition to the fixture list there will be Tuesday evening races for team points

These will include track races over 1mile/3km/5km and handicapped/ relay events (possibly Newbie/Lockerbie Loop 2.7 etc) with a possibility of a further River run and a 10 mile race (Creca).

The festival also will need to have it’s weekend hopefully 12-14th August.

There are optional events such as the Edinburgh Half which members may decide to try but we have to decide whether these should count towards individual points.

Please take some time and give this some thought.
All returns ASAP to Caroline or Joe.

Back to top Go down

THE SUMMER ROAD RUNNING FIXTURES 2011 Empty Re: THE SUMMER ROAD RUNNING FIXTURES 2011

Post  Guest Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:51 am

ok ok I know you canny place a tick pft.

Just take a look and print tell us what you want to do.

Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:53 am

Good work Joe - managing to have an argument with yourself on a forum messageboard! (I wont mention the fact that none of the races are underlined since you've probably spotted that already)

OK - heres my 16:
Hightae 10k
Black Esk 10m (could this be done first in April? - just asking!)
Kinnel Water 5k
Doctors 8m
Kirkcudbright 1/2M
Carlisle Tri 10k
Mabie Trail (distance?)
Moffat (although we are on holiday so can't make it Sad )
Castle Douglas 5m
Auldgirth 10k
Dumfries 10k
Potholm 5m
Dumfries 1/2M
Lockerbie Loop 4.5m
Cumbria 1/2M
Brydekirk 7m

The possible issues with the above list is that over half of them are orgaised races with entry fees that might affect entry numbers and there are three 1/2M in there with two at the end in close order. What about the Moffat 4.5mile or the Lockerbie flat course (2 laps)??

Back to top Go down

THE SUMMER ROAD RUNNING FIXTURES 2011 Empty SUMMER ROAD RUNNING FIXTURES 2001

Post  Guest Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:46 am

I thought that Andy, arguing with himself - too many miles I think.

Tried to tick the others but just got red ink all over my computer screen doh!

Here are Mr and Mrs Kennedy's selections, but Mr Kennedy will miss the April runs, but don't worry about me Embarassed Crying or Very sad

Thursday April 21st Hightae 10km
April Black Esk tough man 10m
April Kinnel Water 5k
Sunday May 8th Doctor’s Run 7.5m
Sunday May 15th Drumlanrigg 5k &10k
Saturday May 28th Kirkcudbright Half Marathon
Wed June 1st Carlisle Tri 10km
Sunday June 12th Mabie Forest Trail Race
Tuesday June 22nd Lockerbie 10km ?
Tuesday 13th July Moffat 15km
Sunday 4th September Auldgirth Trail Race 10km
Wednesday 7th September Dumfries 10km
Sunday 18th September Langholm Potholm run 5m ?
Sunday 25th September Dumfries Half Marathon
Tuesday 2nd October Lockerbie Roundabout 4.5m
Brydekirk Road Run 7m

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Feb 17, 2011 3:28 am

Yes , yes , yes I may argue with myself sometimes - I usually lose as well.

But.................at least I know it's 2011 Andrew !

lol

school boy error there me thinks

Anyways thanks for the posts guys keep 'em comin' and watch oot for lorries as well !

Shocked Cool

Back to top Go down

THE SUMMER ROAD RUNNING FIXTURES 2011 Empty SUMMER ROAD RUNNING 2011

Post  Guest Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:42 am

2011 - nobody told me! Exclamation
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:55 am

I agree with Andy I think we should have the Black Esk run 1st probably around 27th March or the following week

I personally would like to see the Cumbrian ditched as bad experience last year i.e. very expensive and had to find my own way back after pulling out with injury I feel its geared more to raising money than catering for runners , also it is very near to the Dumfries 1/2 which is by far a nicer run and better organised .

How about the idea of just 2 halfs -Kircudbright and Dumfries - but if someone cant do any of them but has completed another half during the road season for e.g Edinburgh or Glasgow then they could use that to count as their half and recieve say 5 points - that way they are still able to qualify for the champs.

I like the idea of the Drumlanrigg 10K I know its a toughie but doing the same races each year gets a bit stale and it is fairly local. The only other suggestion I would like to make is if we ditched the Cumbrian why not add a 10 mile in Annan (we could ditch the Brydekirk 7 and use the same route as part of the 10)as the last event as anyone missing a 10 mile at the beginning could have the chance of doing one at the end. Again I know there is Brampton but its getting on into winter league time.
we dont need to stick to 16 events we can always add more as we do have Tuesday evenings. I know Jim Buchanan suggested Castle Douglas 5 mile but it is bang in the middle of holiday season and we usually do not get many of us going .
Anyhow thats a few more things to think about we really need to get organised with setting dates soon so lets say we finalise the fixture by the weekend of 6th March we can then post on web and people can mark their calendars Smile

P.S. The Lockerbie run I think we should keep George Fraser's 6 mile run in The summer and keep the roundabout 4 miler for the winter league - yes I know you hate it Nicola sorry

Grannybuff alias Eliz agrees with this

Last edited by cazalegg on Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:53 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:06 am

Agree with everything you have said Caroline.
Black Esk tough man 10 would go well for those competing in the marathon as well.
A good hard course is a cracking strength builder for the rest of the year when speed is more important.

How about April 3rd (SUN) for that ?

José

PS Yes we need to move on with this as time is tickin'

Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:59 am

April 3d for start and lets go for Black Esk 10 miler - what do rest of you think ?

I know its a long way off next years winter league but was thinking after doing the Langholm 5 hills walk I think we should look at doing more off road for the winter as after all it was supposed to replace x country i feel it has gone more towards roads again I know that was because we do runs on a Tuesday night but we could keep them going as part of the team events. If we even did say 1 event with 2 of the 5 hills and then another with the 3 hills it would enable people to have a go at hill running without being too severe
on them it also means that the fell guys are included as we do tend to cater more for the road guys. Its just another thought for next year or rather later in this year . . . oh no thats me doing too much thinking see what happens when I cant get out running . . . . Ill be having Alan decorating again yikes What a Face I really need to get back folks !
Caza

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:28 am

That'sa YES from José and the baby.

Cool

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:35 am

So many nice choices but like the sound of these:

Hightae 10km
Black Esk tough man 10m
Kinnel Water 5k
Doctor’s Run 7.5m
Hollywood 5m
Drumlanrigg 5k &10k
Carlisle Tri 10km
Mabie Forest Trail Race
Lockerbie 6m
Moffat 15km
Castle Douglas 5m
Auldgirth Trail Race 10km
Dumfries 10km
Dumfries Half Marathon 13.1m
Lockerbie Roundabout 4.5m
Brydekirk Road Run (10miles G'wan G'wan)

Yes for Winter off road, fell shoes on the shopping list Cool

Back to top Go down

THE SUMMER ROAD RUNNING FIXTURES 2011 Empty THE SUMMER ROAD RUNNING FIXTURES 2011

Post  Guest Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:11 pm

Yep. lets get the party started Surprised
10 miler around Brydekirk is good idea - done one last Friday and perhaps a start and finish on the track to add in the last wee bit?
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:52 am

Track to start and finish nice one Andrew !

Jose - eh have I missed something who's the baby Shocked

Caza

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:15 am

It's that 10kg boy that I have been carrying about all winter.

He just gets heavier all the time Very Happy

Due in early March thank goodness.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:52 am

Yes I was filled in about the baby on my first outing out with the girls tonight since my injury in January . . . in fact was so shocked my foot got wrapped around a loop of wire that someone had kindly discarded at the side of the road and guess what . . . . my knees collided with the road once again . . . the skin that had finally began to grow when it was taken off at the nasty fall I had in June is now removed yet again baring my flesh to the open air for all to see . My broken finger thank goodness escaped further injury, not so fortunate was the thumb and palm on my other hand . . . where oh where has my voodoo protector gone Sad
Caza

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:37 am

No way Cazza !

Look - I'll bring the voodoo doll back if you want it ooooooops did i say that ?

Seriously , you must have broken a mirror or something in October.

Hope it gets better very soon.

You will be there on Tuesday I hope.

Sorry to hear this though.
Sad

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:31 pm

A voodoo trip wire snare!! Does Kev have an alibi? There should be a law against that sort of thing - points to be deducted and a penalty imposed for the start of next season - that should sort them out!

Hope you're okay Captain Caza.

Last edited by Aitken&Tait'sDad on Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:58 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Clumsy six fingered mistyping sorted!)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:33 pm

A bit stiff and sore this morning guys thankyou

The more I think about it the more I suspect foul play . . . a leaper on one side of me and a voodoo at the other and it's me who gets the foot trapped in the snare . . . and yes Andy I hope Kev has a good alibi Evil or Very Mad and I think a deduction of points from both teams would make it right !

If not able to run will time on Tues Cya there
Caza

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down