ADAC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ROAD RUNNING FIXTURES

Go down

ROAD RUNNING FIXTURES Empty ROAD RUNNING FIXTURES

Post  Guest Tue Feb 07, 2012 7:12 am

Hi All with the winter league in its last stages we need to get some thoughts for the forthcoming Road Running season we started it in April last year so a fixture list needs to be set in place before the end of the winter League. If we could have your ideas for runs please those you would like to see stay and those you want out I think its important to support local runs . The team challenge was a success I think so we could do that format again . Let me know ideas and thoughts. This is your chance to speak up folks Cool
Ta
Caza Smile

Back to top Go down

ROAD RUNNING FIXTURES Empty ROAD RUNNING FIXTURES

Post  Guest Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:54 am

I wouldn't mind introducing a team event that was a relay round Brownmoor.
The first 2 go off in opposite directions then each runner after that goes the opposite way to whoever hands over to them Embarassed Embarassed

Perhaps a 4 miler round Creca/Chapelcross?

I think it would be great to leave the Mabie Forest run in Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Auldgirth is worth it for the nosh up afterwards pig pig

Apart from that I am happy and agree with Mrs Legg in supporting the local runs.

Andrew K

Back to top Go down

ROAD RUNNING FIXTURES Empty Re: ROAD RUNNING FIXTURES

Post  Guest Wed Feb 08, 2012 3:33 am

Yes to all of the above but in addition how about a run of your own choice over any distance and age graded as in team scores so you get to do something other than just the champy events.

That way could all do "another" event and get some credit for it.

My run is already chosen - a down hill 2 mile run :-)

I will ask Andy to do the uphill version Wink

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Feb 08, 2012 7:47 pm

andrew wrote:
I think it would be great to leave the Mabie Forest run in Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Auldgirth is worth it for the nosh up afterwards pig pig

Andrew K

Both those events get my vote. cheers The run through the trees on Mabie was great, the finish for the Auguirth in the arena with the food tent next to the finish line was brill’ and all the prizes they gave away at the end, I think I was the only one not to win some thing. Sad

ATB

Kev

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Feb 09, 2012 7:12 am

I'll do as many of the runs as I can (as long as they are the same course/direction the Jose does!!)

Runs that I'd like included in the Champs are:
Kirkcudbright 1/2 mara
Doctor's Run
Holywood Stroll
Lockerbie 10k
Dumfries 10k
Moffat Gala
Annan 10 miler - but mid summer rather than early autumn?
Auldgirth trail

As for 'left field' suggestions how about:
Derwentwater 10 mile - a great end of season away day in Keswick on a picturesque course if good weather
Hoddon to Newbie Annandale Way run - approx 10m (logistics of transport to start the only headache!)

As for the team event what about allowing the captains to select their first three squad members then assigning the rest as currently - this way the core of the teams will be roughly equal (pending injuries) and would require the capts to choose between regular steady scorers or possible infrequent higher scorers - just a suggestion!!

Long live ADAC!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:13 am

No problems with any of them events Andy, I like the plan to have a “away day” were we all go and run a race away from the normal area, we should make a day of it. I think we may be able to get a Mini bus from the Annan Dale transport initiative if we thought it was a good idea.

ATB

Kev

Back to top Go down

ROAD RUNNING FIXTURES Empty Summer League

Post  Admin Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:37 pm

For interest , DURISDEER HILL RACE is always on a Saturday, the day before MABIE FOREST TRAILL RUN.
DURISDEER is on Sat 16th June

Admin
Admin

https://adac.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:54 am

Keep the ideas coming in folks

Mabie forest was probably the least supported run last year and if Durisdeer is the next day we would leave that one out as we are trying to encourage folk to have a try at some of the fell runs .
We could put the Derwent 10mile into champs but it is always 1st Sunday in November is that too late to finish ? I think early October to finish is good then folks can have couple of weeks rest before winter league starts

Think Definites for champs so far are :
Doctors run
Kircudbright 1/2
Dumfries 10K
Dumfries 1/2
Moffat 15Km

Like the idea of Brownmoor relay for team challenge. Do you want a track event in like last year ?
other team runs :

Auldgirth 10K
Hollywood 5

Let me know thoughts.

Ta
Caza Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down