ADAC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Andrew and the London Marathon

Go down

Andrew and the London Marathon Empty Andrew and the London Marathon

Post  Guest Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:35 pm

All the very best for the Marathon. I know you will be travelling today but hopefully you can read this along with other good wishes from your fellow runners which may follow this posting.
You have worked so hard for this run – the Garmin readouts prove it. Many times I have clicked on to see what you have been up to and the long runs have amazed me and so has the improvement in your times this year.
Although I have never done a full Marathon from my experience of doing the half it makes sense to just relax in the first half of the race. I remember doing the Dumfries half one year and taking it really quite slow at the start seeing my closest rivals way ahead of me only to find them slowing at about 8 miles. That feeling of having more in the tank and going past them is something you don’t forget. Whilst the Marathon is double the distance I’d say it is by far the most challenging race I could imagine taking part in.
My hat goes off to you- I have to wear one here as it’s sunny nd hot 

Run well. You deserve a great time.
I will hear how you get on.
All the best .
Jose

Back to top Go down

Andrew and the London Marathon Empty Re: Andrew and the London Marathon

Post  Guest Fri Apr 15, 2011 12:22 am

Yes Good luck Andrew you have done all the hard work now go get em . . . . Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Andrew and the London Marathon Empty Andrew and the London Marathon

Post  Guest Fri Apr 15, 2011 1:48 am

Cheers folks, much appreciated.
Never like to make rash claims before these runs, so I will continue with that and hope I get round safe and worry about time after.
Will let you all know on Sunday.
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:06 am

Good luck Andrew, will be cheering you all the way.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Apr 15, 2011 7:54 am

Hi Andrew

I wish you all the best, you have had a really good build up and as Joe says your times have tumbled, remember to enjoy it the atmosphere is fantastic, keep on top of your fluids you will do great I am sure. I will be cheers cheers cheers you on.

All the best

Kev

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Apr 15, 2011 7:53 pm

For once it seems Jose and me are in agreement!! Ha ha. I've no practical knowledge of marathons to pass onto you Andrew but frankly I don't think you need it anyway - you've done the hard work now enjoy the day - don't go off too fast and savour the atmosphere of the last 5 or 6 miles when the crowds are deepest and you are overtaking all the ones who set off too early.

Remember you are a racer now - don't be a waster!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Apr 16, 2011 2:17 am

Come on Andy we agree on other things as well.

You know what I'm talkin' about hahahaha

See you soon amigo.

José

Twisted Evil

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down