ADAC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Yesterday’s Training.

Go down

Yesterday’s Training. Empty Yesterday’s Training.

Post  Guest Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:53 am

Myself Rory, Martin, Andy fairgreave, and Graeme had a great morning running in the hills to the north east of Wamphray, we did a 13.5 miles in total, the first half on the hill before returning on a circler course via forest tracks and trails avoiding the road as much as possible. The weather was perfect; from the top of the hill we watched the rain follow the river Annan down the valley while we were rain free on the tops.

Despite of 4 of us living and running the hills around Moffat none of us had been on this area of hills before, we "found" hereto unknown secluded valleys, and made note of a couple of more hills and routes to attempt in the future. For me this was hill running at its best, not competitive just a morning out with likeminded friends taking in the views chatting away and a little micky taking from each other, “is that a path up there kev” says Graeme, “most definitely not Graeme” I reply as i fly down a good stone path, Twisted Evil “it looks much better running down there were you are Graeme by the burn”, lying though me teeth Embarassed . Martin “Graeme you are speeding up” Graeme “no I am not I was just freewheeling down this hill” Razz . Martin “Kev are your feet still dry in your Gore-Tex Buckets” Sad after wading through a burn in reference to my new Gore-Tex running shoes.

When we were about 30 minutes from my place I called Louise on the mobile and she put on a big pan of soup, once back at my house it was hot soup, bread rolls finish off with cake, tea and coffee for us all. A brilliant day I really enjoyed it.

Thanks to you all.

Kev

Back to top Go down