ADAC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Festival - river route

Go down

Festival - river route Empty Festival - river route

Post  Guest Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:56 am

Just wondering if anyone knows if the river route is navigable for the festival, I've heard that it's fairly narrow and treacherous in places?

I've not been down for ages, might give it a recce at the weekend if the weather is semi summer-like.

Back to top Go down

Festival - river route Empty Re: Festival - river route

Post  Guest Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:33 pm

Hi Andy
The route of the festival is ok apart from a section about 100metres it is the part on the way out to the jubilee from under the underpass down the stone steps to the little wooden bridge going into the field where the dam is . It is passible with care . See what you think I think if we warn people to take extreme care at that part we should be ok it seems a shame to alter the route for just a small stretch but then again health and safety maybe we should. I would appreciate a second opinion.
Ta
Caza

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jul 20, 2012 5:56 am

Me and Rory have discussed this at length, and think in the interests of health and safety we should alter the route to add in real big muddy hill. Twisted Evil

ATB

Kev

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:56 pm

Nah we will get a nicemuddy hill on the Sunday at Moffat Kev !

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jul 22, 2012 5:19 am

I had a bit of a mosey along the river this morning, I agree that most of it is fine but that little section just after the bypass bridge nearly caught me out and I was looking out for it!! It's very narrow and downhill and a bit dicey I think.

A suggestion to ponder is what if we cross the river at the first bridge and then head out to the second and come back on the Annan side - that way the narrow bit will be done uphill, when we are all a little more tired and going a bit slower - I think it is a safer option in my opinion. That way we still run the same route just a different direction - any thoughts??

By the way there are still a few wet/mucky bits on the far side to keep Kev and the fell monkeys happy!!

Vive la festival!

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jul 22, 2012 9:48 pm

Andy that sounds like a good idea I shall do a recce run of it a couple of days before just to check out the going . Looking forward to the festival will be good to get together with everyone again fingers crossed sunshine will be ordered !
Ta
Caza

PS Have got some new ADAC gear ordered wont be here for about 4 weeks so hold out from buying any shop running gear until you have checked out new stuff Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down