ADAC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Langholm Trail ½ marathon 18th May

Go down

Langholm Trail ½ marathon 18th May Empty Langholm Trail ½ marathon 18th May

Post  Guest Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:27 pm

Hi all
It is the Langholm trail half marathon on the 18th of May, there is no Doctors run at Langhom this year. It is limited to 200 entries and is filling up fast, it looks like it could be a good event, if you fancy running it I would get your entry in quick. It would be a great training event for the Kirkcudbrigh half marathon. It is also part of the Hill running Championship.

http://www.muckletoonadventurefestival.co.uk/trail-running-langholm

See link above.

ATB

Kev

Last edited by Bold runner on Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:36 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Langholm Trail ½ marathon 18th May Empty Re: Langholm Trail ½ marathon 18th May

Post  Guest Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:53 pm

I have been asked about the route, to be honest we don't know the exact route yet although we have a spy working to get more information for us. Going by the quote on the website it looks like it has a bit of everything in it Moor, tarmac, forest track, ect Quote:-

The route will begin at Basecamp and heads directly towards the town centre. Here, a sharp left takes you to the foot of what will be a memorable mile ascent. You may come across a lone piper as you circle the famous monument before heading off across open moorland, enjoying views toward England and the Lake District.
The terrain will continue to be challenging and varied, with sections of tarmac as you pass back through the town, followed by bridleways, singletrack sheep trails, steep ascents and muddy descents as well as the occasional style and dry stone wall to cross.
This truly is a half marathon for the adventurous and one that will have you coming back year after year to conquer it's infamous climbs.

ATB

Kev

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:12 am

I know there is no official doctors run this year but remember guys we are running the route the Sunday before on Sunday 12th May - it will be good training for the 18th.

caza

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:02 am

Sorry Cazza I missed that one on my calendar as I am away that weekend on my sons Stag night. rendeer

ATB

Kev

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down