ADAC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Cumbrian half.

Go down

The Cumbrian half. Empty The Cumbrian half.

Post  Guest Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:34 pm

Well done to everybody that did the Cumbrian Great run on Sunday, hope everybody is OK and the Voodoo crurse has not hit any more of you, like Cazza I have a bit of a calf strain, never had any problems with my calfs before, Mad Oh well I will take it easy for the rest of the we week.

ATB

Kev

Back to top Go down

The Cumbrian half. Empty Re: The Cumbrian half.

Post  Guest Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:11 pm

Look I might be 1200 miles away but I can still hear ya.

Seriously , it's been a long season folks and I think we all need a wee break.

Really enjoyed this season and the group training is working well.

Well done everyone - i believe the weather was a bit better than the last time we ran in Carlisle :-)

See you all soon.

VOODOO !

José

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:36 pm

The weather was about perfect for the Cumbain this year Joe, it is a bit of a undulating course, perhaps suited me and flattered my time a bit, I am looking forward to some more group training sessions, see you soon.

ATB

Kev

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:37 pm

Really enjoyed the first 10 miles yesterday then the wheels fell off slightly but happy with the time in the end - if I didn't know any better I'd swear the course was nett uphill, there always seemed to be another hill around the next corner.
Thanks to Kev for his company for the first 2/3rds of the race but I knew when he kept running backwards to look for me that I was going to struggle to keep up with him to the end.

Any plans for a recovery run on Tuesday or is it a quiet week for all to recover and for the feckless teachers to enjoy their time off work?

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:34 am

Aitken&Tait'sDad wrote:
Thanks to Kev for his company for the first 2/3rds of the race but I knew when he kept running backwards to look for me that I was going to struggle to keep up with him to the end.

Opps Sorry Andy, Embarassed Embarassed I got a right dirty look off one guy, I was looking for you running back wards up hill and this bloke next to me must of thought I was taking the mick out off him. Embarassed

Thank you Andy for keeping me company, it is you that pushes me on. Just before the 10 mile mark I thought if I hit it in under 70 minutes I will kick for the finish and try for a sub 1:30 but if not I will coast the rest of the way home, I hit 10 miles at just under 70 minutes but despite pushing hard and over taking loads of people I couldn’t get a sub 1:30 Neutral

A steady recovery run might be OK tomorrow for me and Louise if some could make it.

ATB

Kev

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Oct 12, 2010 3:46 am

Ahhhh so this is your secret training that has been going on Kev.

Runnin' backwards eh eh eh?

Andy...................don't worry I am developing a new style of my own.

It's called the Voodoo slide Twisted Evil

It goes summit like a step to the right a step to left a push in the back and trip em all up roll over......

Ok tooooooooo far.

Rest up guys.

Fecking teachers !!!

José

Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:16 pm

José wrote:Ahhhh so this is your secret training that has been going on Kev.

Runnin' backwards eh eh eh?

Running backwards uses the muscles the opposite way Joe, so you actually get twice the amount of rest than if you were just to stand still, that means that I only actually ran 6.5 miles not 13. lol! lol!

ATB

Kev

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:59 pm

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh i see now Kev.

I will do a bit more research into this and get back to you.

Meanwhile get yourself onto facebook as we have a facebook page for the club now.

Just one thing though how do you know where you are going or is it don via gps ?

José

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:10 pm

I don’t do “facebook” I am on the run you know, Suspect if I go on facebook I might be found this side of the boarder. affraid

Oh did anybody hear my interview on Cumbria radio, a bit more publicity for the club. cheers

ATB

Kev

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Oct 13, 2010 5:13 am

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down