ADAC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ditch the Carlisle 10km ?

Go down

Ditch the Carlisle 10km ? Empty Ditch the Carlisle 10km ?

Post  Guest Sun Aug 29, 2010 11:08 pm

After our efforts today on what turned out to be a rubbish day for running on a hilly course the question is....

Should we ditch this event for next year ?

ALL THOSE IN FAVOUR OF DITCHING THIS FOR THE CHAMPIONSHIP EVENT SAY AYE

AYE from ME Very Happy

PS £17 quid for what ? A cotton T - shirt , an apple , water , a nuti grain and a packet of crisps.

Jeeeeeeze !

Back to top Go down

Ditch the Carlisle 10km ? Empty CARLISLE 10K

Post  Guest Mon Aug 30, 2010 2:22 am

Yep I'm with you Mr Boardman, ditch it and find something that's better value for money!!!!
One plus is that it gives you an idea where you're at fitness wise.
Andrew K

Back to top Go down

Ditch the Carlisle 10km ? Empty Re: Ditch the Carlisle 10km ?

Post  Guest Mon Aug 30, 2010 2:56 am

Yeah it's certainly a work out.
I nearly got blown away at the 3rd mile.

Sometimes the conditions of the race don't do a race any justice but I have checked the elevations and there is a total of over 300ft gain over the whole race. No wonder there were no fantastic times.

That said I think we had some decent performances from folk today though esp in that wind.

I think Dumfries will be a very different event. Pretty flat course and less chance of force 10 winds.
As long as it isn't torrential rain like the last 2years we'll be ok.

Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Aug 30, 2010 3:44 am

Totally agree crap value for money and a horrible course the start was downright ludicrous starting just before the underpass with a sharp turn at the end of it why couldn't they have walked you 200 meters back the way and got the distance that way -i added .8 of a mile onto my distance because of the weaving in and out as well as nearly getting run over by a wheelchair entrant !!
Totally agree ditch this race AYE !!! from me

I ran all that way and all I got Joe was a lousy crap t shirt ! Wonder where all the entry money went because it wasn't spent on the runners or the prize winners .

Ta
Caza

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Aug 30, 2010 4:41 am

My time was lousy in that wind, felt as if I worked but got nowhere. A deceptive up and down course and one too many sharp bends...
...AYE,

I noticed the Hawick 10k was on today, anyone done that? £10 entry and a 1 PM start sounds okay.

On another note, thanks to Carl for shouting encouragement.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Aug 30, 2010 5:58 am

Yes Carl thanks from eveyone here as it did make a difference.

Esp. when we didn't have a clue where he would turn up next.

Spot the Car Valet car !

Hawick - good course. Far better than this one. Cheaper too and i got a best time for 3 years in the race last year. Needless to say i didn't get a fast time today

But it's a wee journey away.

Joeé Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:18 am

We tried Hawick in the champs but its such a yucky road to get there that there were ever only a handful went thats why we thought we would add Carlisle in
we could try putting in the June Carlisle Tri club 10K and moving one of the ADAC runs to August we will have a meeting one night at the end of Feb beginning of March and see what folk think . I think we can safetly say that this one is a no go .
Are results up yet or will that be another bad point from them ?
Caza

PS Hear hear Carl was brill just what we needed good to see him back Ditch the Carlisle 10km ? Icon_smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:50 am

thanx everyone for mention on support 4 u all, u all very welcum i got as much pleasure from shouting 4 u all that i did as if i was racing again. ps watch out joe , can u here me coming, think that be a while yet. u quite save 4 this year anyway. well done to all for getting round on this v windy & slightly course. yep watch for the car valet van, see ya all sn. pps thanx to adac 4 all ther help, advice & support over the years & hav always made me feel welcumed Very Happy no matter who i've raced 4 thanx again

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Aug 31, 2010 5:39 am

The 'goody bag' was certainly a let down this year - crappy cotton t-shirt and a packet of crisps Mad and very expensive.

It's always nice to get a fast time but when everyone is running the same course in the same conditions I don't think it matters too much.

I'd like to echo the thanks for Carl - really good encouragement although his confident statement at the drink station that the chap in front of me was knakered proved inaccurate as he steamed off into the distance on the 2nd half of the race!

I've ended up with a wee strain to the left calf so I'll need to manage it for the next week if I'm to give Dumf a blast - I always seem to pull something after I pre-enter a race!

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Aug 31, 2010 5:59 am

You need to make sure that you cool down properly Andy - give yourself a good mile at a very easy pace and a lot of stretching a few hours after also would help get yourself a massage stick they really are a good tool honest i know a bit expensive but well worth it and when you think how much a trip to the physio is it might prove a bargain buy go to www.thestick.com
Ta
Caza

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Aug 31, 2010 7:03 am

Still no results yet how did i guess it would be ages before they posted results !
Caza

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Aug 31, 2010 6:23 pm

I did warm down - I was still stretching when you lot went back inside!!! lol!

And I've got a massage stick - I've been giving myself a right good going over! Wink

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down