ADAC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Brampton - Carlisle 2010

Go down

Brampton - Carlisle 2010 Empty Brampton - Carlisle 2010

Post  Guest Sun Nov 21, 2010 4:13 am

That was my first ever 10 Mile road race and I thoroughly enjoyed it.

I decided if I got anywhere near 72 minutes I'd be quite pleased all things considered, and that's what I did http://connect.garmin.com/activity/57303090 The first 6 miles I averaged 7:05 pace, the last 4 miles I averaged 7:25 pace, so I reckon if I train specifically for this, a lifetime best time is on the cards.

The run was quite eventful in the first 3 miles. One runner got knocked over by another as he accidentally run into her, everyone went to her rescue though, which is more that I could say for the runaway horse. Yes a spooked horse joined us about mile 2. The owner shouting "stop it and bring it back, you're all selfish". Fortunately I wasn't quick enough to test my selfishness, however a runner caught the horse a half mile later, but it got away again or perhaps he realized the owner wasn't coming for it. Next thing I heard was the horse galloping behind me, and when I looked it was right behind me causing me to jump off the road affraid

Andy and Ben also ran today, both running excellent times.

Back to top Go down

Brampton - Carlisle 2010 Empty Re: Brampton - Carlisle 2010

Post  Guest Sun Nov 21, 2010 7:44 am

Sounds like an eventful time Ernie - I managed to avoid all of that luckily.

As Caza predicted I took 3 mins off my Derwentwater time so overall I'm really chuffed, but to be fair the Derwentwater course beats that one hands down in terms of enjoyability (if that's an actual word!)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Nov 21, 2010 1:02 pm

I might have to both of them in 2011 then. Defo doing Brampton to Carlisle though seeing as it'll be the 60th, and Dumfries Half as it has its 30th anniversary. See you all in Moffat on Tuesday.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:32 pm

Mr Bryden - what the funk are you doing on the computer at 2.02am - have you just come in from drinking dirty juice, Coach Legg will not be happy! Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:59 pm

no such excitement, just having a holiday from the j.o.b , however I was up again at 7am to drive someone to their j.o.b, oh the joys of parenthood Sleep lol!

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Nov 23, 2010 6:39 am

Yes Mr Bryden coach Legg has noted . . . . If you are elected onto my team late nights will have to be athing of the past !!
Coach Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Nov 23, 2010 6:40 pm

Ernie just rebel against it.

We don't mind here on the Voodoo team.

Live it up...............get back on that horse dude !

Wink

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Nov 26, 2010 10:15 am

Ernie

Good time mate, well done, cheers shame you couldn’t of caught the horse and got a lift you might of won it. Laughing

ATB

Tahr

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down