ADAC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WINTER LEAGUE & TUESDAY TRAINING

Go down

WINTER LEAGUE & TUESDAY TRAINING Empty WINTER LEAGUE & TUESDAY TRAINING

Post  Guest Sun Sep 12, 2010 1:20 am

Hi all

Yes the winter league is just around the corner and I need to set a fixture list with dates and venues . If anyone has any runs they would like included or current ones that should be taken out let me know within the next couple of weeks I should be at Langholm so maybe a chat after the run would be a good time for us all to air our views . We must also pick a venue for the Presentation evening and a date its usually November and Gretna Garden House Hotel has been suggested .
With the success of the team competition on the roads I think we should continue with new teams and work it on the format of % that we did for the festival I think it seems a fairer way of working it . The winter league itself do you want to work on that format or remain as just a straight age grade let me know - dont be afraid to air your views I might not agree but I will take note and we can have a vote Smile

TUESDAY TRAINING - its time Joe we got going again this Tuesday either a hill run at Brownmoor or a speed run at Lockerbie 2.7 loop let me know and we can let folk know where and what time.

Ta
Cazza

Back to top Go down

WINTER LEAGUE & TUESDAY TRAINING Empty Re: WINTER LEAGUE & TUESDAY TRAINING

Post  Guest Sun Sep 12, 2010 5:55 am

I did 15 miles today and it's a long way......................I'm knackered.

Right that's my moan over but it's good to get some distance dem old legs.

Anyways ,

Winter league............why not have meal in Annan ? It's been round every other town in the last 3 or 4 years.

Langholm - yip. Should be good for a bit of a chin wag. And it's always sunny in Langholm Very Happy

TRAINING TUESDAY -

I'm all up for a good hard session on Tue maybe the loop would be good if we got a lot of folk out it would be good to get the cobwebs blown away. I have a footy match with the kids in Dfs after school but could certainly get there for 7 if that's what everyone feels they could do with I'm happy to be the host (with the most lol)

TEAMS
It's a def YES from me. No matter what happens in the next month. I'd be up for keeping it going. It's got a big thumbs up from me.
José
Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Sep 13, 2010 5:01 am

Tuesday loop sounds ok lets say there for 7pm and see if any takers I ll need to rely on lift .
Ta
Caza

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:18 am

I won't be able to make Tuesday this week - trying to get this bad back/neck/body sorted - but I'm hopeful of running at Langholm to try to get some team points at least!

As far as winter league goes I'm happy with the idea of %age scores for the teams, it would perhaps be good to mix up what we have just now to stop things getting too tribal!! As an idea (and I've no idea how easy or difficult it would be) how about making the handicaps more meaningful, i.e. first person home gets the points but of course that knocks on with their next race as their h/cap is reduced. We might need to do the first couple of runs normally to get benchmarks but after that use the &age score to work out peoples expected times then work it out from there - a lot of work in preparing so you'd need to know who was coming but it might be worth trying - it would make for some exciting sprint finishes!

Looks like the summer competitions are coming to a close conclusion - a couple of points in it on the ladies, the age graded one is still open and Kev is making a push for 2nd in the men's - GRRRR!!!! cheers

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Sep 13, 2010 8:12 am

Some good ideas there Andy if we all have a think and maybe even get together after a training night - could be at a cough cough - PUB WINTER LEAGUE & TUESDAY TRAINING Affraid ( soft drinks only ) and discuss .
Ta
Caza WINTER LEAGUE & TUESDAY TRAINING Icon_smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Sep 13, 2010 4:59 pm

Tribal !?!

What are ya on about ?

Voodoo ,
voodoo ,
voodoo ,
voodoo

errrr cough sorry.

Right ...........I'd agree with the mixing up of teams.

Not sure about the handicap stuff - it would need a good long blether to sort it out over a COKE !

Very Happy

Back to top Go down

WINTER LEAGUE & TUESDAY TRAINING Empty TUESDAY NIGHTS

Post  Guest Tue Sep 14, 2010 5:32 am

Yep it would be great to get the Tuesday night runs going again.
They certainly did the trick earlier this year.
As for the winter league, the team event sounds good as long as my team gets a bit closer to the top of the tree!!! clown clown
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Sep 14, 2010 7:35 am

Tomorrow is now a difficult thing to predict for me as I will be on a bus to Dumfries with the kids footy team and can't just take my car.

Problem is it may be early or late getting back which would mean getting home early or late if you get me.

What about doing something in Annan as I will be back certainly at least for 7 pm there?

If the game is cancelled though it's fine for Lockerbie.

I'll post back here or text you Caroline tmz.

Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Sep 14, 2010 7:38 am

Jose
We are just going to go for a run in Annan tomorrow night as there are only a couple of us going out .
I think we all agree re our performances throughout the summer that it really helped to train as a group so lets get it going again and make an effort so why not say we start the Tuesday after the October school holidays that way the road champs are over and the winter league will prove to be a real incentive for us all to get going again. All those in favour say AYE !!

Ta
Caza WINTER LEAGUE & TUESDAY TRAINING Icon_smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Sep 14, 2010 7:39 am

SPOOKY WE POSTED OUR COMMENT AT SAME TIME WOOHOOOHOHOHO !

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:35 am

Great minds Cazza !

Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Sep 24, 2010 2:11 am

WINTER LEAGUE FIXTURE LEAGUE WILL APPEAR ON WEB VERY SOON WINTER LEAGUE & TUESDAY TRAINING Affraid

CHECK OUT DATES AND GET THEM INTO YOUR DIARYS - PLEASE NOTE THE TEAM COMPETITION - TEAMS WILL START FROM SCRATCH - I HAVE YET TO DECIDE WHO THE TEAM LEADERS WILL BE Hmmm ???? WINTER LEAGUE & TUESDAY TRAINING Icon_rolleyes

Ta
Caza

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down